Monday, March 29, 2010

Filling in Time

I use to have a job. I don't have a job anymore. I lost it. If anyone has seen it, could you please return it to me. Actually scratch that. I don't want it back... Finders keepers!

I faced instant dismissal for tossing pebbles across a driveway into a metal waste paper basket. Harsh? I thought so, but there is and was nothing I could do about it. I was a casual employee, and if that is your current employment status, I urge you to search for a new job. Even if it means changing to a part time job at least you will have more rights than a casual.

Yesterday I was thinking that I have a lot of time on my hands these days, so I might turn all of this down time into something positive. I thought I need to stop wasting my days playing stupid flash games on the net, and watching hours of endless trashy TV provided by the magical Foxtel box. I need to do something constructive - even if its for my own sanity. So I started my blog. This is my second entry. I don't care if nobody but me reads it. That's not what I'm about. I'm not a look at me kind of person. Not with writing anyway. I've always had a way with words. I love them. I love manipulating them.

I'm thinking this will be a good platform to be able to vent all of the steam that is blocking up my brain. My head is just full of annoying little things. I need to clear them all out and make space for new stuff. But I want to save it all for posterity. So I can look back one day and think, Oh my God! What was I thinking back then? I was really messed up. I like to look upon it as Spring cleaning, but in Autumn. Perhaps I'm living in the wrong hemisphere?

No comments:

Post a Comment