Sunday, March 30, 2014

The little things...

In less than one month I turn 32. My Mum died when I was 18 years old. I hardly think about her anymore, aside from those 'special' days - Birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas and such.

Tonight I took a huge tumble down the dangerous back step of our house. I was on my lying on my back on the cold hard concrete bawling my eyes out. I managed to get myself inside the house to clean up and assess the damage.

Still sobbing, I hobbled into the lounge room to put my feet up. The only thing I could think of whilst I was applying was iodine to my stinging wounds was an overwhelming need for a hug from my Mum and for her to pat down my hear and kiss me on top of my head to make me feel better. This made me sob harder and louder that my sobs turned into a wail. I snapped myself out of it and concentrated on tending to my grazes. 

I'm all good now, a few grazes here and there, it's mostly just a bruised ego. I still wouldn't mind a hug from Mumma Bear though.

1 comment:

  1. You know it's ok to miss her. Your allowed to want that kiss in the forehead as sometimes that's just what you need. Xoxox

    ReplyDelete